A few pointers to slam-dunk your next face-to-face meeting!
- Research the hiring company prior to your interview.
- Prepare at least three questions you have about the job and company.
- Arrive early but not more than 15 minutes before your appointment.
- Dress conservatively. Avoid strong perfumes/aftershaves and excessive jewelry.
- Don’t bring other people to the interview.
- Bring extra copies of your resume.
- Turn cell phone off.
- Smile, make eye contact, and offer a firm handshake.
- Focus on your strengths and how you can help the company.
- Speak positively about current and former employers, colleagues and jobs.
- Address salary, benefits and time-off policies ONLY if the interviewer initiates the topic.
- Let them know if you are impressed with the company and want the job.
- Promptly send a thank-you email to all who were present at the meeting.
- Call Pinto Employment as soon as possible afterwards.