Just as you would not want your figure-shaping unmentionables to show, so should you take the same care to not expose the template used to make your resume look so pretty. Many a cover letter, resume or application has been received with its skeleton showing. For example:
- A resume that shows the word “Header” where the header is.
- A cover letter that gushes about how badly you want to work for, literally, “insert company name here.”
This is so easy to avoid! Before submitting these important representations of your career and goals, follow these steps:
- Proofread your document to make sure template instructions like “Type phone number here” are gone.
- Save in a Normal or “Read-Only” mode (for submission).
- Have someone else read it before sending out.
We understand that sometimes these templates and features are unwieldy, and there are a million of them! Who hasn’t wanted to toss their computer out the window because the margins weren’t cooperating, or the line spacing was off by a millimeter? Pinto Employment is here to help. We will write your resume and send you a clean, usable MS Word document – the pretty picture. See the Resume Writing section of our website for more information!